Monday, January 21, 2008
get your oats! this is a great snack that gives lots of energy!
125 g butter
125 g demerara sugar
5 T golden syrup (maple as a substitute?)
225 g porrage oats
1 tsp ground ginger
- oven 190 C, 375 F. grease 20 cm sandwich tin.
- melt butter in pan and stir in sugar and syrup. add oats and ginger; mix well.
- use back of metal spoon to press mixture evenly over the base of the tin and smooth over.
- bake for 20 min. cool for 15 min then score into 8 wedges.
- cool completely, turn out and break into wedges.