Sunday, September 16, 2007
this is a great and healthy recipe! influenced by jamie oliver again, i think i'll have a lot of this italian beauty in the winter. a real tummy warmer and makes the house smell lovely! i can't believe how simple it is too. about 5 minutes actual work in total!
to make it healthier, omit the sausage and either have it on it's own or add some fish at the end.
serves a hungry 2ingredients
- 2 cups white beans (not sure what kind i used)
- celerey stick
- bundle of fresh herbs-- rosemary, thyme, parsley, anything goes!
- 2 cloves garlic
- optional-- 4 sausage links
- s & p
- 4 handfuls fresh spinach leaves
- soak beans night before
- put beans in pot and add enough water so the beans come up half of water level
- boil the following until beans are soft (about 1.5 hr): beans, potato (maybe cut in half), tomato, garlic (skinned and whole), herb bundle, celery, sausages cut into thick slices
- discard herbs and celery; may need to remove some water, depending on how liquidy you want it (we ate it on plates, but would be lovely as stew in bowls)
- remove tomato, garlic and potato and mash with fork; return puree to beans and boil down the remaining liquid until nice consistancy
- add s & p and spinach leaves until slightly wilted, remove from heat and serve!
- parmasean would be great on top!